We've got all the parts, Hyper-V, our virtual switch. Now it's time to launch a virtual machine. We'll go over that in this video.
- [Voiceover] As detailed previously,…Hyper-V can be used to solve a variety of problems.…Use Hyper-V to easily experiment…with other operating systems,…or demo older versions of Windows,…as well as non-Windows operating systems on a single laptop.…Hyper-V makes for a great troubleshooting,…and testing environment.…Set up Virtual Machines running Windows 8,…Windows 7, and Linux operating system…all on a single desktop or laptop computer.…This video,…I'm gonna walk you through the creation of a Virtual Machine…and the deployment of an operating system…to the Virtual Machine…using the operating systems installation media.…
Before starting this exercise,…you're gonna need an ISO file…for the operating system that you would like to deploy.…We've put up a link here…where you can grab an evaluation copy of Windows 8.1…from the TechNet evaluation center.…You'll need to sign in with your Microsoft account,…and you may also need to register…before you can download the ISO file.…Let me now walk you through…how to manually create a Virtual Machine,…
Note: This course maps to the "Manage apps" domain of the Configure Windows Devices exam 70-697.
- Deploying via Azure RemoteApp
- Setting up cloud, cloud + VNet and hybrid collections
- Publishing RemoteApp apps
- Understanding real-world uses for RemoteApp
- Deploying and managing mobile apps with Intune
- Deploying virtual machines with Hyper-V
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Deploy and Manage Azure RemoteApp
2. Real-World Applications for RemoteApp
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.