Watch a demonstration of how to troubleshoot startup settings.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC and take…a look at how to access the safe mode…and also the start up recovery environment.…If I only wanted to access safe mode I can do this…from within Windows using a legacy tool called MSConfig.…I'll type msconfig into the start menu…and then click the system configuration option.…Here I'll select the boot tab and then choose safe mode.…If I also want networking I'll select networking.…
I'll then click OK and the PC will now restart.…I'll log back on to my PC.…And here we can see the PC is in safe mode…because of the safe model labels…in each of the four corners.…We also see a lower screen resolution.…We can now open Device Manager to disable a device…or roll back a device driver…or open apps and features and remove…a troublesome component.…
Once I'm happy with my changes I should reboot the PC…to see if the issue's gone away.…Notice that the PC reboots again in safe mode.…To boot normally, we need to select start,…type msconfig…and then choose the normal start up option…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.