Watch a demonstration of using Windows PowerShell Remotin,g including examples, commands, and PSSession.
- [Narrator] For this demo we'll be…using a Windows 10 client machine…and connecting to a server…which we'll want to pull information from.…We'll first set up the Windows Remote Management service…or WinRM on the Windows 10 PC.…I'll open an administrative Command Prompt…and type in the command "winrm quickconfig".…(computer keys clicking)…Here we can see that changes are being made to set up…Powershell remoting.…First, we're asked if we want to start the WinRM service,…so we'll enter "yes".…
Confirmation that the WinRM service has been set up…to receive requests is shown…and another confirmation to…say that this service has been started.…Next, we'll confirm "y" to make changes…to the Firewall settings to allow remote access.…Here we can see the confirmation that this is being done.…Next, we need to establish a connection with the server.…For this, we need to open…an administrative Powershell window…and type…"enter-pssession-computername lon-dc"…to remotely connect to our server.…
Now that the connection has been established…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.