Watch a demonstration on how to troubleshoot network connectivity using built-in tools.
- [Instructor] Let's drop on to our demo PC…and review some of the tools to help resolve…networking issues within Windows 10.…I've opened the command prompt…by clicking the Start button,…typing cmd, and opening as an administrator.…The TCP/IP command line tools such as ping or ipconfig,…and its lookup commands have been included…with Windows for over 30 years…and are a good way to test network configuration.…The first tool we'll use is ping.…I'll type ping www.linkedin.com…to contact the LinkedIn website.…
We can see that ping has returned the information,…and we have a reply from www linkedin.com.…Now, not all servers or web servers will reply.…So, don't be disheartened if you test your favorite website,…and it fails.…Firewalls can often block ping or the ICMP packet.…We can see the IP address and the number of packets…sent and received as well as the roundtrip time.…So all looks good and working with no lost packets…and the response times for the network look good.…
Next, we'll use traceroute.…So I'll type tracert www.linkedin.com.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.