Watch a demonstration on how to troubleshoot a a VPN connection in Windows 10.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC…and I want to show you how to trouble shoot…a VPN connection in Windows 10.…One of the nice features of the modern…IKEv2 VPN is that it will automatically…reconnect if the connection drops.…If you deploy this type of VPN…and one of your users reports that their…device is still requiring credentials…even after drop out, then you need to increase…the time for credentials to be cached…and ensure that the setting has been enabled.…To diagnose a problem I'll head over…to the configuration options for the VPN.…
This can be found in the Network Connections…in Control Panel.…And then select Change Adapter Settings.…And then select the VPN that we're…having problems with.…One the ribbon bar, select Change…settings of this connection.…And then select Security tab.…Here we can see that the IKEv2…type of VPN has been configured.…Let's select the Advanced settings,…and here we can see the Mobility tick box…has been deselected.…
By selecting the Mobility check box…and selecting an Network outage time…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.