Watch a demonstration of how to troubleshoot GPO application issues using the GPResult and Resulting Set of Policies tools.
- [Instructor] I've logged on to my domain joined client,…and I'll start by launching the RSoP Utility.…I'll open a command prompt with administrative privileges,…and then type RSoP.…Once we hit enter, the tool will launch and start the scan.…Once the scan's completed, the results…will be displayed in a new window.…Lets maximize this.…Since this is domain joined PC,…lets take a look at the password security policy.…I'll select the Computer Configuration…and then Windows Settings.…
And then select Password Policy.…Here we can see that Source GPO…is the default domain policy.…Let's choose one of the policies…to drill down for more information.…I'll choose the maximum password age…and open the Properties window.…We can now see more details relating to the settings,…which is the Precedence and Explanation of the policy.…I'll click OK.…When using the Resultant Set of Policy utility,…that is the RSoP tool, as you've seen,…You can gather only computer specific policy information.…
However, if we load the RSoP into a Microsoft…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.