Review managing Windows Services including restarting, action on failure, and dependencies.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC…and take a look at services.…I've already logged on as an administrator.…I'll click Start, I'll type Services,…and then launch the Services management console.…In the console, we can see all…the services running on the PC.…You can sort the list by start up type,…running state, and alphabetical.…I'll choose the Print Spooler service.…
From the Context menu, I can see the available options.…If an option is grayed out, they are not available.…For example, you cannot Pause or…Resume the Print Spooler service.…However, I can restart the Print Spooler service,…which in effect will stop it, and then restart it.…From the Context menu, I can also…select the properties of a service.…We can see in the center of the screen,…the startup type.…
This can be automatic, delayed start,…automatic, manual, or disabled.…On the Logon tab, we leave the logon…as a local system account.…I'll choose the Recovery tab, and here we can see…the computer's automatic response,…if this service fails.…For the first failure, the second failure,…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.