Review the Application Compatibility Toolkit including how shims are used.
- Let's take a look at how to use…a Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.…One of your managers calls the help desk…and says they need to use a Stock Viewer application…that they had previously on their Windows XP computer.…Every time the user runs the program,…an error message appears.…You run the app, and indeed there is an issue,…as it requests that that should be run as an administrator.…We need to fix the issue if we can.…I will click the Start menu, and then click Settings.…
And now, Update and Security.…In the Troubleshoot section, I'll scroll down…to find the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter,…and select this.…We can then run the troubleshooter.…We can select the app that's causing the problems,…either from the list of apps, or if it's not listed,…we can use the not listed option at the top.…Let's scroll down.…
I can see the Stock Viewer application, and now click Next.…We now have two choices.…We can try the recommended settings, which may well work,…or we can troubleshoot the program.…Let's choose troubleshoot the program.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.