Watch a demonstration of how to use the Sysinternals Autoruns tool.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC,…and take a look at the Sysinternals Suite of tools.…I've opened a browser,…and navigated to the Sysinternals website.…I can choose to download a single tool,…or download the whole suite.…Whilst the tool is downloading,…let's head over to the startup area of Windows 10.…This can be found on the Task Manager.…
Along the top, I'll click the Startup tab.…We can see how many applications are listed here, only two,…and we can disable any of them if they're not needed.…In Windows 10.1803, we can also use the settings app.…Click Apps,…and then Startup.…We can see the same information here.…
Let's unzip the files,…and then find the Autoruns tool.…Depending of which architecture you're using,…run the 32 bit or 64 bit application.…Accept the agreement.…We learned earlier that the Autoruns tool will show…which programs and settings are configured…to run when Windows starts.…
The tool has two modes, standard user,…or admin.…We can see along the top the various tabs.…There are 17 tabs available.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.