Review the Registry in Windows 10 and explore how to troubleshoot registry problems.
- [Instructor] Let's jump onto our demo PC…and take a look at the Windows registry.…I'll click the Start, and then type regedit.exe.…I'll accept the User Account Control.…And now, the Registry Editor appears.…On the left hand side, we can see the list of hives…that is the main folders.…I'll click one, and we can see some registry keys,…also folders, and expand to see the sub folders.…
If I scroll down, you can see just how…extensive the registry is.…If we select one of the keys, we can then see…the information that's stored in the registry key.…I double click a key, we can see the value data.…There are five different hives, classes root,…current user, local machine, users, and current config.…As you can see, the registry holds a lot of data.…
If you need to find a specific key,…select edit, and then use the Find option.…Here you can filter for keys, values, and data.…It's recommended, before you start to modify the registry,…that you perform a backup first.…You can backup the registry by clicking File,…and then Export, and then export the registry.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.