Review Windows 10 Performance Monitor including configuration options, counters, and default data collector sets.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo P-C…and take a look at the performance monitor…to see the counters in real-time,…and then how to set up a data collector set.…I'll click start and then type perfmon,…and then select performance monitor.…The performance monitor opens.…I'll click the performance monitor node in the left pane.…On the default counter, we can see…the percentage processor time appears.…
On the toolbar, I'll click the plus symbol…and add an additional counter.…In the available counters area,…expand physical disk and then click percentage idle time.…In the instances of the selected object,…I'll select C drive...…And then click add.…To commit the changes, I'll click okay.…
The counter is added to the performance graph,…and notice the color is green.…I'm not using this machine at the moment,…and, therefore, the percentage idle time is quite high.…If I want to change the color,…I can right-click the marker and then change the properties.…Let's select blue.…
We can now see the counter in the real time graph.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.