Watch a demonstration of how to resolve device driver problems.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how to resolve…many device driver issues.…I've already opened Device Manager…and you should be able to see instantly…if any devices have problems.…Looking down the list if any devices report a fault…there should be an error symbol…next to the troublesome device.…These could be a yellow exclamation mark…over the device name.…This is the most common of errors and could relate…to a driver not being found or that the device…is not communicating to the PC.…For any newly installed equipment…you can check to see if the latest driver…has been installed.…
I recently installed a new SSD external drive.…I'll select disk drives, select the drive I want to choose,…and then right click and click update driver.…Windows can search online for a new driver…from the manufacturer or you can directly…find one and install it locally.…You can also force Windows to search…using the Windows Update feature.…
If any drives have been released through the Windows update…then these will be pushed down to your PC…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.