Watch a demonstration on managing Group Policy preferences.
- [Narrator] Let's drop down onto our demo server,…and take a look at how to configure…Group Policy preferences.…Traditionally, you'd use the Server Management Tools…to access Group Policy.…Tools, then Group Policy Management.…And expand your domain,…and then create a new Group Policy in this area.…However, I'd like you to use the RSAT,…or Remote Server Admin Tools.…I encourage you to do this on a regular basis.…
Rather than using the server,…this fills in a level of security…a level of detachment from…always having to remote into the server.…So let's head over to my client PC…and I'll install the RSAT Tools.…So I'm now on my client PC,…and these are the RSAT Tools for this version of Windows 10.…I'll install the RSAT Tools.…
I'll now click the Start menu,…and scroll down to Administrative Tools.…And here you can now see the server tools…available on my client machine.…I need Group Policy Management.…And this is the exact same console we saw…in the Server Management Tools.…
So I'll right click the IT organizational unit,…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.