Watch a demonstration of how to fix an application using a shim and using Windows Analytics and Upgrade Readiness.
- [Instructor] Let's drop down onto our demo PC…and take a look at how to use…the Application Compatibility Toolkit or ACT on our demo PC.…We'll walk through the three stages of gathering data…about the current applications,…capture the data and then analyze the data,…and resolve any problems.…I have a demo app called Stock Viewer.…I'll install it,…and then I'll attempt to run the application.…
Notice that the app wants to run as an administrator.…I'll click OK and the app runs.…Let's try to use the Application Compatibility Toolkit…to remove the administrative requirement.…First, we need to download the ACT from Microsoft.…This can be found as part of the Windows Assessment…and Deployment Kit or Windows ADK.…Ensure that you download the correct version…of the Windows ADK for your version of Windows 10.…
I'll use the 1803 version.…Here, I'll click Next, and agree.…We only need the Application Compatibility Tools.…So I'll deselect the rest,…and click Install.…We can now launch the Compatibility Administrator.…Be sure to launch the correct version for your architecture.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.