Watch a demonstration of how to determine network settings using PowerShell.
- [Instructor] Windows PowerShell is the modern method…for you to view and configure network settings…from the command line.…You can still use all of the TCP/IP command line tools…I've mentioned earlier from within PowerShell…plus you have a whole host of new commands…that are available.…For example, you can view IP addressing information,…display detailed configuration for each network adapter,…see information about DHP servers,…routing, and DNS information from within PowerShell.…PowerShell cmdlets and scripts can be scheduled to run…and can be run locally or remotely…against one or multiple devices at scale.…
Since Microsoft are expecting PowerShell…to become the primary command line tool for IT pros,…if you're not familiar with the networking commands,…you could explore some of the examples shown onscreen…and compare them to the old TCP/IP DOS commands.…I've listed examples of the cmdlets…to replace ipconfig, ping, nslookup, and traceroute.…Let's drop onto our demo PC…and show some of the cmdlets in PowerShell…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Supportwith Andrew Bettany3h 42m Intermediate
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.