Watch a demonstration of how to create a new BitLocker password.
- [Instructor] When setting up BitLocker protection you need…to create a key protector.…In the majority of cases this is stored inside the TPM…on the motherboard.…Let's navigate to file explorer,…locate my BitLocker protected hard drive,…and right-click,…and select manage BitLocker.…The BitLocker control panel screen appears.…If I'm using a removable drive,…or if I don't have a TPM chip then we can use a password,…or smart card to secure the key protector,…or store it on a USB flash drive.…
Once provided, Windows will gain access…to the data stored in the drive,…even whilst Windows has the unlock key,…the data remains encrypted on the drive.…The only way we can decrypt the drive…is if we turn off BitLocker.…Let's see how we can change the BitLocker password.…I can select change BitLocker password,…and notice that this does not require admin privileges,…where as all other BitLocker related tasks do require this.…In the change password window,…I'll enter the current password,…and then type a new password,…and then click change password,…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.