Learn how to delete a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to delete a Hyper-V virtual machine.…So here we have a virtual machine called Win 10Demo…that I'm going to delete.…Now, normally you can right click on a virtual machine,…and choose the delete command from the shortcut menu.…If I do that right now though, there is no delete command,…and the reason for that is because the virtual machine…is currently running.…So we need to shut this virtual machine down…before we do anything else.…So I'm going to choose the shutdown command,…and that will shutdown the virtual machine,…and now if I right click on the virtual machine…we have the option to delete it.…
Now I don't want to delete it just yet…because the thing about Hyper-V…is when you delete a virtual machine…it leaves behind some components.…So there's a little bit of extra clean up effort…that you want to do after you're done deleting…the virtual machine.…So what I want to do is I want to go into the settings…for the virtual machine.…And I want to look at the location…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.