Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Deleting old Windows installation files, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- When you upgrade to Windows 10, you may not be aware…that Windows is automatically backing up your old…Windows installation files,…and tucking them away on your hard drive…in case you want to revert back…to that older version of Windows.…That's great if you want to check it out for a while,…but when you're sure you're going to continue on…with Windows 10, you can free up a lot of disk space…by removing those old Windows files.…That's what we're going to do right now.…Click in the Search field down below,…and start to type in free up disk space.…
Free up, you can see, is all I need to type to see…Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files.…Give that a click, and it's going to launch something…called Disk Cleanup.…Now just deleting some of these old internet files,…for example, temporary files, downloaded files,…I'm freeing up a few megabytes.…But down below, we can click Clean up system files…and it's going to do a scan and it's going to find…those old Windows installation files…and give you the option of deleting those as well.…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.