Learn how to delete an unwanted virtual machine checkpoint.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I want to show you how to delete a Hyper-V checkpoint.…So, here I am in the Hyper-V manager…and I'm going to click on the virtual machine…that we've been working with in the last few videos.…Now, if you look at the checkpoint section,…this might look a little bit different…than what you saw on the previous video,…and that's because I've created…several additional checkpoints.…The reason for this is that I want to show you…how to delete a checkpoint.…Because you see, in a real world environment,…if you frequently create checkpoints,…you can end up accumulating a lot of checkpoints…just as I have here,…and the problem with that is that…as you accumulate checkpoints,…you begin to degrade the virtual machine's performance…especially the read performance.…
So, it makes sense to go in and clean up the checkpoints…that you no longer need.…So, that's what this video is all about.…So, how do we get rid of an unwanted checkpoint?…The easiest thing to do is to right click on the checkpoint…that you want to get rid of…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.