When you want to remove a file on your hard drive, you need to delete it. This is a simple action, with some important additional variables. This video explores how to delete files, how to restore deleted files, and how to completely purge files so they can't be restored.
- [Instructor] As you work with files in File Explorer,…you're going to need to delete some files eventually…so let's see how you can delete files…and how you can protect yourself…from accidentally deleting things…that you don't want to lose.…So, I want to go to my exercise files…so I'll go into my exercise files folder…and I'm going to open up this folder called no obstacles…where I've got a bunch of files…that we can play around with.…So, first the easy part.…If I want to delete a file,…I can just click on it to select it…then go to the home ribbon, hit this delete button,…and now that file is gone.…
Or I could right click on a file or a folder…and from the right click menu,…I can choose delete and I see the file is gone.…All right, so those files are gone, right?…Well, no, not completely.…You probably already know that when you delete a file,…it's not completely gone immediately.…Instead, it goes to the recycle bin.…We can find the recycle bin here on the desktop.…I can double click on it.…It opens up a window…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.