This video shows how to remove Storage Spaces that are no longer needed.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Continuing my review…of Windows Storage Spaces from the previous movies,…when a storage space is no longer needed,…it's very, very simple to delete,…also easy to delete a storage pool.…To delete a storage space, just find it here in the…Storage Spaces Control Panel, and then click…on the Delete button right next to it.…Now before you can delete a storage pool, you must first…properly remove all the storage spaces created in the pool.…So notice that because I haven't deleted…this storage space yet…I have no option in the pool to delete it.…
So let me go ahead and demonstrate first deleting…the storage space, then I'll demonstrate deleting the pool.…So I have my Storage Spaces Control Panel open,…find the storage spaces I want to remove, and click Delete.…Deleting a storage space permanently deletes…all the files that it contains.…You can't recover the files by using the Recycling Bin.…So go ahead and after reading that warning,…notice that it shows you a View Files link…so you can see all the files there to see if you really…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.