Learn how to decrypt volumes and remove BitLocker and any associated protectors from the volumes when encryption protection is no longer needed.
- [Voiceover] In previous movies,…I demonstrated how to encrypt various volumes…using BitLocker.…In this movie, let me demonstrate how to decrypt…BitLocker volumes.…Volumes can be decrypted whenever encryption protection…is no longer needed.…Decrypting volumes removes BitLocker…and any and all associated protectors.…However, never remove BitLocker decryption…as an effort to troubleshoot a drive problem.…By design, making changes to the hard drive or the BIOS,…as well as swapping hard drives between computers,…can cause issues.…
If you do need to make changes,…either un-encrypt the drive first…and then re-encrypt when you're done,…or there's an option to input the recovery password…when it presents the option after restart…and then suspend the encryption and resume it again.…BitLocker decryption can be performed…using the BitLocker Control Panel, the Manage-bde utility,…or using Windows PowerShell cmdlets.…So let me demonstrate each method in this movie.…
BitLocker decryption using the Control Panel…is done with a very simple wizard.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.