As anyone who has used email for any length of time knows, one of the biggest hassles and headaches of email is dealing with junk mail or SPAM, as it’s also known. This video goes over a several tips you can use to avoid and manage your junk mail.
- [Voiceover] As anyone who has used email for any…length of time knows,…one of the biggest hassles and headaches of email is…dealing with junk email or spam, as it's also known.…In this video, I want to go over a couple of tips you can…use to avoid and manage your junk mail.…Now, nearly all email clients have built-in…junk mail filters.…However, the mail application here in Windows 10 does not.…Fortunately, though, these days most junk mail is…filtered by your email service provider,…so for example, if you have a gmail account or an…outlook.com account, you won't see a good majority…of the junk that gets sent to you.…
It will instead be automatically filed into a spam…or junk folder.…If you want to check to make sure something you should…have received didn't accidentally get sent to your…spam folder, just go to your spam folder.…In some cases, you'll have to click More.…And then look for either a spam folder or a junk folder.…In this case, my mailbox is actually pretty clean.…But if you do see any messages in here, just give them…
Interested in Mac computers? Check out Garrick's companion course, Computer Literacy for Mac.
- What is a computer?
- Purchasing a laptop vs. desktop
- Understanding files and folders
- Opening and saving files
- Working with software
- Setting up printers and Bluetooth devices
- Connecting to networks to go online
- Setting up email
- Receiving and sending email
- Searching the web
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Computers
2. Getting Started
3. Software and Applications
4. Computer Peripherals
5. Networks and Getting Online
7. Web Browsing and Searching
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.