Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Cutting and pasting in command prompt, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- This next set of keyboard shortcuts is nothing new,…but where you can use it is new…and that's why I want to show it to you here.…Using the keyboard shortcuts for Cut, Copy and Paste,…Control X, Control C and Control V,…can now be used inside Command Prompt.…Let me show you what I'm talking about.…Let's go to our exercise files first.…We'll double click there to open them up.…And then open up the text file here,…the text document titled "GodMode."…Double click that.…
Some information about enabling GodMode.…We'll do that in the next chapter,…but down below you can see…we can also find our IP address quickly…by using the Command Prompt…and typing in "ipconfig".…Well, why don't we just copy this…by clicking and dragging across it.…"ipconfig". There it is.…You can right click if you want to and copy…notice Cut, Copy and Paste all show up here.…You can also use the keyboard shortcut Control C…to copy it.…We want to leave it there,…so we wouldn't use Control X to cut it from this text.…
Now we can close up this file and close up File Explorer…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.