Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing your startup environment, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- In this chapter, we're going to explore…my top 10 Windows 10 tips and tricks,…beginning with number one, the user interface,…which is a combination…of the old Windows Start button…in the bottom left-hand corner,…and the desktop environment that we're used to…in older versions of Windows.…And of course, if we want those Windows 8 tiles,…we can go to our Start button, give it a click,…and open up the Start screen.…Now from here, we have access…to our most recently used apps…so we can get back to them quickly.…
We also have tiles here that are grouped together.…You can see Life at a Glance, Play and Explore, et cetera.…Now what you see on your screen…is going to be different than what I see…because when we upgrade to Windows 10,…the way you had your previous version of Windows set up…is taken into account.…For example, on the task bar,…I can see a number of options that I had on my task bar…in my old Windows 8 environment.…They're there.…Of course, what you use most often…appears on your most used list,…and your tiles might look different, as well,…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.