Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing privacy options, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- Have you ever been browsing the web,…and suddenly ads pop up,…and those ads are relevant to you and your location?…Or maybe you're working in an app,…or playing a game, and those little ads that pop up, again,…are relevant to you and where you live.…Well, how did the apps know that information?…Well, it's a privacy setting that you have full control over…and privacy settings allow you to either choose…to let that information out or not.…That's what we're going to look at right now.…
Let's open up our Settings using the "Windows" key…plus the letter "i".…"Windows" key, "i" is the keyboard shortcut…to open up Settings.…Next we'll go to Privacy, click there.…Notice all of the Privacy categories…down the left-hand side.…There's a few important ones we should talk about.…Here under General, you'll notice…that we can change any of these Privacy options,…which might be turned on without your knowledge.…For example, did you know you have an advertising ID…for experiences across apps?…So you might be playing a game,…and that ad pops up based on your…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.