Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing UI colors, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- We've always had the ability to customize…the User Interface colors in a Windows environment.…Here in Windows 10, you have even more control.…We're going to take a look at some of those options now.…Let's start by opening up our Settings…using the keyboard shortcut the Windows key + the letter I.…Next we'll go to Personalization,…and from here, check out the background.…We can choose different backgrounds.…They can be pictures.…They can be colors.…Let's click the drop-down for background…and just choose a solid color.…
And we can choose from these color swatches…that appear by simply selecting the appropriate tile.…I'm going to go to a nice dark purple here.…And you can see it's previewed up above.…Now that's important because…when we go to Colors now, over here on the left,…you'll notice that Windows is automatically going…to pick an accent color from your background…that will be used on the Start screen,…the taskbar, and the Action Center…if we turn this on.…And you can see it kind of change here.…And if we don't allow the taskbar…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.