Customizing the wallpaper, also known as the desktop image, is a great way to personalize your computer. The wallpaper is the picture or solid color that you see in the background when you're looking at a blank desktop. This video shows how to change the wallpaper and explore some other options.
- [Narrator] Let's see how to change…the background image on your desktop,…sometimes known as the wallpaper.…In this case, you can see that I just have…a flat blue color, but if you have not customized…this yet, you might be looking at one of the…bundled images that comes with Windows 10.…There are a few ways to get to the screen…where you can change your desktop wallpaper.…You could right click anywhere on the empty desktop…and choose personalize or you could go into settings,…to personalization, then to background.…And I want to shrink this window a little bit…because I want to see my background…as we're working with these settings.…
So first, I want to go to this menu…and you can choose what type of background you want.…Now I'm currently set to solid color,…so I can choose my color from this palate here.…So I could switch to a different background color,…I think that one looks pretty terrible,…so let me go back to the background color…I had a moment ago.…Now you may want to go back to the menu and choose picture,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.