Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating Storage Spaces, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I demonstrate…how to create a storage space in Windows 10.…First thing you want to do is connect two or more…additional drives to your computer.…You can't use your system drive for this…but the drives can be either internal or external.…Next, click on the Windows icon…in the lower left hand corner,…and in the Search box, just simply type Storage Spaces.…Sometimes you just have type Storage…and you'll see that as the first link at the top.…That'll bring up the Manage Storage Spaces dialog here.…Choose the Create a new pool and storage space link.…
Go ahead and click Yes if you get this dialog.…Now you need to choose which drives…you want to include in the new storage pool.…I'm going to do these two drives,…Disk 1 and Disk 2.…Make sure there's a check next to each one…that you want to add to the pool,…and click on the Create pool button…at the bottom of the dialog.…Windows will go ahead and create that pool for you.…Give this storage space a name,…give it a drive letter.…This can be any drive letter that you want.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.