Learn how to create a roaming profile.
- [Narrator] In this video, I want to show you…how to create roaming profiles.…So, right now I'm logged in to…a Windows server 2016 file server and what I want to do is…go to File Explorer and I'll go to This PC…and I'm going to open up the C: drive.…And you can see that I've got a folder here called Profiles.…Right now, there's nothing in the Profiles folder…and this is just a folder that I created.…In a production environment the Profiles folder…would probably exist on a storage array.…So, I'm going to right click on Profiles…and go to Properties and I'm going to go to Sharing.…
And you can see that I've shared this folder out…to make it accessible to everyone.…The share is \\FILESERVER,…which is the name of this machine, \Profiles.…So, I'm going to go ahead and cancel out of this…and I'm going to switch over to my domain controller.…So, here I am on my domain controller…and I'm going to go ahead and open up Server Manager…and then from Server Manager, I'm going to click on tools…and Active Directory Users and Computers.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.