Learn how to create a mandatory profile, and assign it to a user.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I want to show you how to create…a mandatory profile from a recently…Sysprepped Windows 10 PC.…So now, I need to open the control panel.…So I'm going to right click on the start button…and I am going to choose control panel…and we need to go to the advanced system settings.…So I'm just going to type advanced system settings…in the search field and I have a link…to access the advanced system settings.…I'm going to click that link.…So now I'm taken to the system properties sheet.…And you can see right here that I have…a user profile section on the advanced tab.…So I'm going to click settings…and this is going to bring up a list of my user profiles.…
And you can see the default profile is selected.…That's the profile that I need.…So I'm going to select that and click copy to…and you can see that right here we have…an option 'Permitted to use'.…I'm going to click change and I'm going…to type everyone and I'll click check names.…Click okay.…So I'm going to type \\fileserver\profiles\mandatory.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.