Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a lock screen slideshow, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- If you're going to be walking away from your computer…and it's in a public area, you may want to consider…locking the screen until you come back.…We can do that by going down to the Start button.…Click there.…And then go up to your own credentials at the very top.…I see my name and picture.…Click there and choose lock.…Now what you see in the background is customizable.…And that's what we're going to talk about in this movie.…As you can see, I have my own…personal image that's being used.…You may see a blank screen.…You may see a solid color.…Another option is to play a slide show.…
That's what we're going to do.…So just click or press Escape to get to the Sign-in screen…where you can type in your password to get back in…if you're using one.…Press Enter.…And we're going to check out the lock screen settings now.…Again, from this Start screen,…we'll go down to the settings this time at the bottom.…Then select personalization.…And it's from here where we can find…lock screen over here on the left-hand side.…Give it a click and you'll see your current preview.…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.