Learn how to create a checkpoint of a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to create a checkpoint of a Hyper-V virtual machine.…Checkpoints, which used to be called snapshots…in some of the earlier versions of Hyper-V,…are good for reverting a virtual machine back…to a previous state, without going through the trouble…of restoring a backup.…So, it's very easy to create a checkpoint.…The that we would do that is by right clicking…on a virtual machine,…and then just choosing the Checkpoint option.…And when I do that, you'll see the Status column change…to reflect that we are creating a checkpoint.…And now we receive a message…saying that a checkpoint has been created.…
So, that's how you create a checkpoint in Hyper-V.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.