In this video, author Brian Culp performs a walkthrough of a Windows To Go workspace using the Windows To Go Workspace Wizard. By watching this walkthrough, viewers will also learn about the significance of using only a Windows To Go Certified USB drive, where to locate the install.wim needed for installation, and finally about the impact that using Windows To Go has on the removable USB drive.
- [Voiceover] All right, in this lesson,…we'll put into action what we've learned about…with Windows To Go, and we will create…the Windows To Go Workspace.…Keep in mind as we get started…that you'll need either the Enterprise…or Education images of Windows 10…in order to create your Windows To Go workspace.…Also to review, in order to use this wizard,…you'll have to have a certified Windows To Go device…which means that the USB drive has been…optimized for high read/write speeds,…thousands of random access I/O operations per second.…
It will boot on hardware certified…for Windows 7 and later, and it will be…durable despite high performance requirements.…Also, the drive has to be USB 3.…You can't use a USB 2 drive, although you could…use a USB 2 port.…Your performance will suffer, but again…those are the requirements.…You need a USB 3.…You also cannot use your Windows To Go…drive on a Mac host computer.…That's not supported.…
Now, as an aside, you can boot to Windows…from a Mac using Boot Camp and having Windows…stored on the external drive,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to manage remote access in Windows 10—and prepare for the Manage Remote Access domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices. Brian Culp shows how to create and enable a VPN connection, configure Remote Desktop, establish mobility policies, create and deploy workspaces, and configure offline storage and file syncing. Plus, learn how connect to printers and displays using Wi-Fi Direct.
Review the learning objectives for the Manage Remote Access domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Creating and enabling a VPN connection
- Using Wi-Fi Sense
- Configuring Remote Desktop
- Troubleshooting with Remote Desktop
- Configuring power policies and mobility options
- Creating workspaces with Windows To Go and PowerShell
- Configuring offline files and file policies
- Adjusting sync options
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Direct devices