Learn how to attach an extra hard disk to a Hyper-V VM.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to create a virtual hard disk in Hyper-V.…So right now, we've got a Windows 10…virtual machine up on screen,…and if I click on File Explorer,…you can see that this virtual machine…has one virtual hard disk, C: in this case.…So we're going to change that.…We're going to create an additional virtual hard disk…for this virtual machine.…I'll go ahead and close this out…and go back to the Hyper-V manager,…and if you look at the Actions pane,…you can see that we have a new option.…We used this new option in one of the other videos…when we created a virtual machine, but we can do more…with it than just create virtual machines.…
If I click on New, you can see that we also have…a hard disk option.…We can use this to create a virtual hard disk.…So I'm going to click on Hard Disk, and this is going to…launch the New Virtual Hard Disk Wizard.…Initially, we're taken to the Before You Begin screen,…but there's nothing really to do here,…so I'm going to click Next and go onto…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.