Create a Microsoft Management console and add Task Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Management, and Device Manager, and/or any other tools (in the form of snap-ins) you use often. Save the console with a representative name. If you sign in with a Standard user account, learn how to run the console with administrator privileges.
- [Narrator] So far in this course, I've introduced tools…like Event Viewer, Task Scheduler, and Device Manager…to help you monitor and troubleshoot your computer.…I showed you how to open those up in their own windows.…They're all open here.…Switching among lots of open windows…can be cumbersome, though.…So I'd like to show you how you can…group your favorite tools together in a single console.…If you aren't sure what a console is,…open Computer Management.…You can do that by right-clicking Start,…and clicking Computer Management in the list that appears.…
I'll maximize this and expand the pane…to show you the options over here on the left.…This type of window is called…a Microsoft Management console.…This console has lots of tools.…Local Users and Groups, Task Scheduler,…Event Viewer, Performance, and more.…In this video, I'll show you how…to create your own unique Microsoft Management console.…First, type mmc.exe in the search box on the taskbar,…and click it in the results.…
Click Yes to continue, and maximize the window.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.