Join Brien Posey for an in-depth discussion in this video Create update groups in Configuration Manager, part of Windows 10: Plan and Implement Software Updates.
- [Instructor] In system center configuration manager, you may occasionally want to create update groups to group similar updates together. So the way that you would do that is by going to the software library, and then going to all software updates, and then you simply look for a group of updates that are similar to one another. For example, we have a number of security updates for Windows 7. So if we wanted to create an update group, what we could do is select all of these security updates, or a subset thereof, and then right-click, and then choose create software update group.
And I just have to give this software update group a title. I'll call it security updates for Windows 7, and we could enter an optional description, and I'll click create. And so now my software update group has been created. And if I look in the software update group's container, we see our software update group. So that's how you create a software update group in system center configuration manager.
- Deploying updates manually
- Monitoring deployments
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Analyzing log files
- Approving and declining updates in Intune
- Deploying software from SCCM, WSUS, and Intune