Screenshots are an incredibly effective way of visually communicating your content. Windows 10's Snipping tool makes it incredibly easy to select content, mark it up, copy, save, and email. In this video, you will learn how to capture content from your screen using the Snipping tool, export it to another document, save it as an image file, and more.
- [Instructor] In this video we are going to learn…how to use Windows Snipping Tool.…The Snipping Tool is an easy to use…and powerful screen grabbing program…that will allow you to take a picture of the screen,…copy it to another document, email it, mark it up, and more.…Let's say I'm on the Lynda website…and I'd like to take a screenshot of part of the page.…Next, I'm going to open up my Snipping Tool.…You'll find your Snipping Tool under the Start menu,…All apps, scroll down to Windows Accessories,…and choose the Snipping Tool.…
A small window opens with a set of icons to choose from.…Notice, the New icon has a drop-down arrow.…This will allow me to choose…what types of screenshots I would like to do.…Free-form Snip allows you to draw your screenshot…in any shape you like.…The Rectangular Snip allows you to create your screenshot…drawing out a rectangular shape around your target.…A Window Snip will take a picture of the active window.…And, finally, the Full-screen Snip…will take a picture of everything visible on the screen,…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts