Learn how to create a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to create a Hyper V Virtual Machine.…So here we are in the Hyper V Manager,…and if you look at the Actions Pane…over on the right, you can see that…we've got an option marked New.…I'm going to click on that and a menu pops up…and the first option on this menu is Virtual Machine.…So I'm going to click Virtual Machine…and this is going to bring up…the new Virtual Machine wizard.…And the wizard opens up to the Before You Begin screen.…There isn't really anything that we have to do…on this screen, so I'm just going to click Next.…Now we're taken to the Specify Name and Location page.…
Every Virtual Machine that we create has a name…and this is where you enter that name.…The default name is New Virtual Machine,…but typically you would want to enter something…more descriptive, because remember, you'll probably…be creating multiple Virtual Machines…and you need a way of being able to tell…those Virtual Machines apart from one another.…So I'm going to call this Virtual Machine Windows 10.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.