Learn how to set up a Hyper-V virtual switch.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to show you…how to create a Hyper-V virtual switch.…Later on, we're going to be creating…some Hyper-V virtual machines,…and those virtual machines need to be able…to access our network and the internet;…and the Hyper-V virtual switch is the mechanism…that's going to make that possible.…So here I am in the Hyper-V manager;…and if you look at the column on the right,…you'll notice that we have an option…called the virtual switch manager.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on that now.…So here we see the virtual switch manager dialogue box,…and we have an option right here…to create a new virtual switch;…and there are three different types…of virtual switches that we can create.…
The default is external and, in most cases,…you are going to want to create an external virtual switch.…The best way to think of an external virtual switch…is a virtual switch that provides access to everything.…So if we create an external virtual switch…and we link a virtual machine to it,…then that virtual machine will be able to talk to other…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.