Learn how to apply basic permissions or advanced permissions, or both. Set file and folder permissions. Understand both share and NTFS permissions and how to calculate effective permissions when both exist. Understand NTFS inheritance.
- [Instructor] In a previous movie,…you learned several ways to share folders…and apply basic permissions,…including using File Explorer, PowerShell,…and the Shared Folders snap-in.…Here you'll learn more about the available permissions,…the differences among share and NTFS,…explicit permissions, and more.…Before we start, open File Explorer…and let's create a few folders that we can share.…I'll create two: Share1 and Share2.…And for simplicity's sake, I'll save them…to the root drive.…
I'll tell you why in a minute.…Here at C, I'll click New Folder…and type Share1, enter.…Click New Folder again, type Share2 and enter.…And I'm ready to go.…The reason I'm creating folders here…is because the C drive isn't shared by default,…so no precept permissions will trickle down…to these new folders.…If I were to create folders inside a parent folder…where sharing was already enabled,…those permissions would be inherited.…I don't want that.…
I want to show you how to configure permissions…from scratch.…There are two types of permissions…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.