Create Windows 10 installation media from an ISO file using the Media Creation Tool. Create a DVD drive that contains a Windows installation image.
- [Instructor] To perform a clean installation…of Windows 10, you will need to create…or obtain installation media.…You will boot to this media to start…the installation process.…There are several ways to go about this.…The easiest, although not the fastest,…is to buy Windows 10 from Microsoft…or from an authorized retailer.…Most of the time, those files will be stored…on a USB drive, and occasionally on a DVD.…To access the option to make the purchase from Microsoft,…visit the page shown here.…If you don't want to wait though,…you can download the files…from the Microsoft Store yourself.…
Note the option here to Buy and download now.…If you choose to download the files,…you'll have to create your own installation media.…That media can be a DVD disc,…or a USB thumb drive.…Larger enterprises might opt to store…the files on a network drive,…and have the computers that need to be installed…access it from there, but this isn't…an option for most users.…Go ahead and make the purchase…if you're following along,…and click the option to download the files when prompted.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.