In this video, see how to create new folders and how to move files and folders around in the hard drive. This is essential for organizing files on the hard drive.
- [Instructor] I want to get familiar…with the most common and useful actions…for organizing files and folders on your hard drive,…so let's create some folders…and then talk about moving and copying files.…So here in File Explorer,…I want to start by going to my Documents folder.…I'll just use the shortcut on the sidebar on the left.…And currently, my Documents folder is empty.…Now, I could simply copy files…straight to the Documents folder,…but you might want to also get more organized…by creating additional subfolders.…So to make a new folder inside of an existing folder,…simply start in the parent folder.…
So I'm in the Documents folder.…Then you can go into the Home ribbon…and choose this option here for a New Folder.…Before I do anything else, I want you to notice…that this new folder has been created,…but it's waiting for me to give it a name.…When there's a black box around a file…or a folder name like this,…it's waiting for you to give it a new name.…So I'm just going to type in Project Files.…I'll press the Enter key, and that name is now set.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.