Learn how to create a custom power plan.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…I showed you how to change the Windows power plan,…and in that video,…you saw that we have several built-in plans,…but it's also possible to create your own custom plan.…To do that, we're going to right click on the Start button…and go to the Control Panel…and when the Control Panel opens,…we're going to click on System and Security,…and then, we're going to click on Power Options.…This is going to bring up the same screen…that you saw in the previous video.…But if you look at the menu off to the left,…you'll notice that we have an option right here,…Create a power plan.…
I'm going to go ahead and click on that now.…So, when we create a power plan,…we have to base the plan initially…on one of the existing plans,…either Balanced, Power Saver, or High performance.…I'm going to choose High performance.…Then, we have to provide a name for our custom power plan.…I'm just going to call this, Posey.…I'll click Next, and now we have settings…that we can use to control when our display gets turned off,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.