Learn what a homegroup is and when to use one. Learn how to configure a homegroup, how to access and share the password, and how to let other computers join the homegroup. Learn how to change the homegroup password and use the HomeGroup troubleshooter when problems arise. Learn how to leave a homegroup.
[Instructor] Many home and small business users…access more than one computer…and want to be able to share data among them,…or access their data no matter what computer they're using.…Home users often want to share…photos, music and movies with family members,…and business users might have that and more…including spreadsheets, documents and tax information.…There might also be a printer or two…and additional backup devices…to make available to everyone as well.…To manage sharing among small groups,…Windows 10 offers a homegroup.…
Homegroups have been around since Windows 7…and have greatly reduced the headaches…previously associated with sharing data and hardware.…Your computers must be connected…to the same private network to create a homegroup.…They probably already are, if only for the purpose…of sharing a single internet connection.…But you can check from the Network and Sharing center.…To get there, you can right click the network icon…on the task bar and click open Network and Sharing center.…Verify that there is a network connection…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.