Using File Explorer, create and share a new folder. Explore PowerShell cmdlets related to folder shares and use those to grant or change share access. Create shared folders and view shares from a command prompt. Use the Shared Folders snap-in to view and change folder properties.
- [Instructor] When you want to share data with others…on your network, you can create a home group to share…your default libraries pretty easily.…Using this method, you do have some control over who…can access those folders and what they can do…with the data inside them.…However, this solution doesn't meet everyone's needs,…and is somewhat limited in how it can be used…to secure data.…There are other ways to work with shared folders…that give you more control.…You can use File Explorer for one,…you might have some experience with this already.…
You can create and manage shares from a command line…or a PowerShell session too.…And you can use the Shared Folder's snap-in,…available in a Microsoft Management console…to view and manage shares as well.…I'd like to talk a little about each of these.…Let's start with File Explorer.…Open file explorer from task bar,…maximize the window if you need to,…and click a folder you recognize,…like Documents, or Pictures.…Now make sure the Home tab is selected.…
From here you can easily create a new folder,…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.