Learn how to create a bootable USB drive using DiskPart at a command prompt. Use the List Disk and Select Disk commands to review the existing partitions and clean them. Create a new partition and format it, and then, make it active. Configure the bootsect command to complete the process. Save the Windows 10 image to the root of the USB flash drive, if desired.
- [Narrator] You can purchase a four gigabyte or greater…USB drive, save your Windows 10 image to the root…of that drive and boot with it to install Windows.…A USB drive is a little more portable than a DVD is…and can be used to both install and repair a system,…making it an ideal item to keep in your technical toolbox.…Although you can create a drive like this…with the media creator tool from Microsoft,…if you're old school you might prefer DiskPart.…That's how we'll do it here.…Before you start though, if you're following along,…locate and insert a USB drive into a running computer.…
Make sure there's no data on it you want to keep…because we'll be formatting it in this video.…I've inserted one, and I've selected it here.…Write down the letter associated with your drive.…The letter of my drive is E.…In the Search window, type cmd…and let's right-click the Command Prompt…and choose to run as an administrator.…Click Yes to continue, and I'll maximize the window.…Type diskpart and press Enter.…This enables you to access and run…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.