Learn how to create a bootable USB drive using diskpart at a command prompt. Use the list disk and select disk commands to review the existing partitions and clean them. Create a new partition and format it, and then make it active. Configure the bootsect command to complete the process. Save the Windows 10 image to the root of the USB flash drive, if desired.
- You can purchase a four gigabyte or greater USB drive, … save your windows 10 image to the root of that drive, … and boot with it to install Windows. … A USB drive is a little more portable than a DVD is. … It can be used to both install and repair system, … making it an ideal item to keep in your technical toolbox. … Although you can create a drive like this … with the media creator tool from Microsoft, … if you're old school, you might prefer disk part. … That's how we'll do it here. … Before you start though, if you're following along, … locate and insert a USB drive into a running computer, … make sure there's no data on it you want to keep, … because we'll be formatting it in this video. … I've inserted one and I selected it here. … Write down the letter associated with your drive. … The letter of my drive is E. … In the search window, type CMD … and let's right click the command prompt … and choose to run as an administrator. … Click Yes to continue. … You know maximize the window. …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.