- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Walt] Welcome to my Universal Windows Apps for Xbox One: Build Your First App course. Do you ever daydream about building a computer game? I know I do. I've got a notebook full of game ideas. The reality, at least for many software developers, is that most of our software projects are business applications or software tools, not games. But we can still write apps that run on the Xbox One. Join me as I walk you step-by-step through the process of building a video app. I'll show you how to make your Xbox One developer-ready and explore how the same app works on desktop and Windows phone.
Fire up your Xbox. It's time to get started.
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.