This overview looks at the steps necessary to create a Microsoft Developer account.
- [Narrator] You won't go very far or being able…to do much as an Xbox developer until you are…registered as a Microsoft App developer.…This is an overview of the steps you need to take.…Go to the Microsoft website, that's developer.microsoft.com…and go to the registration page.…You'll login to this page with your Microsoft account.…This is an email address that you've registered…with Microsoft as a Microsoft account.…You see I'm already logged in and then this'll tell you…about what it takes to register as an app developer.…The key thing on this page is the cost.…
Yes, it does cost money to be an app developer…but it's not a lot of money, in the US, it's $19 for an…individual account and it's $99 for a company account…that supports multiple developers.…The numbers you see in your…country or region will be similar.…You'll click on the sign up button,…pick your region then choose your account type down here.…This tells you what I just told you about the cost.…Then you'll specify things like the publisher display name.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.